Pages

January 9, 2012

Calendar - January

You know what one of the best things about having friends that scrapbook? They think of you first when they are getting rid of old supplies. :)

My friend Marie (aka, my personal scrapbooking enabler) is such a friend. She generously let me "steal" a bunch of stuff from her stash when she was reorganizing her scrap room.  I snagged a Heidi Swapp calendar set that I think is pretty old as I can't find it anywhere online.  I knew I would need a new calendar for work, so I figured I could make it myself.  My goal was to have the entire year finished in time for 2012, but guess how well that turned out...

So anyways, nine days into the New Year...I finally have January's layout completed:


I had planned on printing out some pictures of past New Year Eves with friends, but again, that never happened.  I dug out an old picture I took in high school of the snowy woods behind my mother's house instead, and I actually like how it turned out.

I based the layout on one I had seen online somewhere that, instead of printing it out, or saving it on my computer, I hand-sketched it out on some random piece of paper.  This was in the dark days before Pinterest.  Now I unfortunately do not remember where I saw the original layout.

I really like the ever-so-popular pennant banner in the upper left-hand corner - it makes everything so festive.  I also embellished the stickers in the corners with some Glossy Accents, just to make them a bit dimensional.


I will hopefully start working on February's layout in time for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10