Pages

January 13, 2012

V-Day Cards

I've never really been one to send cards very often, but along with my crafty New Year's Resolution, I also set a goal of staying in closer contact with family and friends.  I love how easy it is to keep up with friends through Facebook and email, but getting a message electronically doesn't really evoke the same excitement as receiving something in the mail.  So I am hoping to combine my goals of being creative and staying in touch with people by making cards more often and sending them along instead of stacking them up on my desk.

So here are my first two attempts at Valentine's Day cards.  This first one has my lovely beginner efforts at coloring with Copics.  Not perfect, but I love how these markers make whatever you color look pretty dang good.  I based this card off of this one from Prairie Paper & Ink.  I also spent an inordinate amount of time watching her series of card making videos instead of cleaning, but that's besides the point:



My favorite thing about this card is the bear.  Because it is So Stinkin' Cute.



Again, not amazing cards, but as a lot of people who do any sort of craft know, when you give a handmade card or gift, if the recipient isn't a scrapbooker or knitter or whatever, you will get the "YOU MADE THAT?" spiel.  And that is always a good spiel to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10