Pages

February 4, 2015

One Little Word and Challenge YOUrself Layout


I finally made my first layout of 2015 - in February! (Gasp - a whole month went by without scrapping.)  I'm behind on my January prompts for One Little Word, so I knew I wanted to make something creative to keep my word visible in my life.


This layout was inspired by the first challenge of 2015 over at Challenge YOUrself, where the task was to incorporate a picture of yourself and your One Little Word into a layout.  Check out all of the wonderful submissions for this challenge here!


I used this wonderful picture taken by my friend Alex as my focal point.  This was taken on the coast of Maine this past summer - my friends and I spent a weekend in Acadia National Park on our way up to Cape Breton in Nova Scotia.  I love pictures that have a lot of white space to embellish on, so I used this opportunity to cut out my word in vellum using my Pazzles.  It's a bold but subtle title that doesn't detract from the beautiful picture.


I switched this layout up from my normal 12x12 and used 8.5x11 papers. I'm planning on incorporating this and my other monthly OLW projects into my Project Life album, so the smaller size will help designate these from the 12x12 spreads.  I had fun with a lot of different elements on this smaller canvas: I used a mask and three shades of ink to create the ombre vertical pattern in the middle, I used three shades of mist to create some splatters, and I used a mix of blue and cork elements to finish off the layout.  I'm especially in love with this handmade mica paper from Club Scrap - alas, it appears to be sold out, so I need to start hoarding what I have left!

Here's to the first layout of the year and many more to come!

Supplies // Paper: Club Scrap: Kraft, Blue patterned, Handmade blue mica (Aspen); Recollections: vellum / Inks: Club Scrap: Sapphire, Lagoon, and Ocean Hybrid Inks, India Black Ink / Mists: Mister Hueys: Watercooler, Opaque White; October Afternoon Sprinklers: Lagoon / Embellishments: Club Scrap: Cutaparts (Mirror Mirror), Sparklets Dots (Lakes); Little Yellow Bicycle Cork Shapes: Zig-Zag Rounds and Tags / Stencils/Masks: Club Scrap: Friends / Tools: Ink Applicators, Typewriter, Pazzles, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, Recollections Foam Adhesive Circles, Xyron Sticker Maker / Font: Channel

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Marya! Great OLW and love your photo too! There is such a calm feel about your layout. Peaceful. So glad you found us! Best of luck in your OLW journey. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I can't wait to see where you explore. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous layout! I love your OLW and beautiful photo! Thank you for joining us this month at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page and great choice for your OLW. I just love how you overlayed your title on that beautiful picture. Great job with the background too. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love the title over the photo... just perfect. Thanks for joining in on our fun at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout! Your title was the first thing I noticed. So clever to use vellum like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Definitely good to be back in the scrapbooking swing of things!

    ReplyDelete

09 10